Thursday, February 4, 2010

design to worship


So at 5am, when Michael left for work, I started thinking about the dress I wanted to make for Marygrace's first Valentine's Day. I kept tossing and turning thinking bout it, and by 525am I was up cutting out the dress from another old t-shirt I had. I had it 90% done by the time we headed to MOPS at 830am. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

I've been thinking, God has given me this talent. I want to use it to create a small side business to help ends meet. But more than that I want to use it for His glory and to bless those around me. To bring life and light and joy into their lives. Just like making these things brings to mine. To be a reflection of the God who made me and gave me this gifting. With every stitch, to praise the one who loves me, in spite of me.

As I look at this smile...

... I want to be someone that she can be proud of. But more than that I want to be someone that reveals to her constantly how wonderfully, continually loving our God is.

" If I could not say a word, my life would speak of love I don't deserve." -JJ Heller Painted Red


2 comments:

  1. Awww...Michala, she's so precious! and I'm excited for you to get back into coustume making! Ha! I'm sorry I didn't know about your blog sooner, why don't you tell somebody??!! I love the gallup dress, that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and these outfits. I am so proud of you, keep up the awesome work. BTW, you have the cutest model ever helping you out.

    ReplyDelete