Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A new calling for this season in life.

So, it finally happened. I now have a BLOG. Sigh. I blame Michael, my wonderful husband of 2 1/2 years. About two months ago he created A Sprig Of Hope to help him process all of what is in his mind and heart. I was very glad for him and it has truly effected many lives. So maybe I will have a go at it...

During this period that Michael has been working full time and taking a full load at Denver Seminary, I have been at the apartment with MaryGrace. As she turns 6 months tomorrow, I have been reflecting on the time we have been here in Colorado. I am very glad that I have been able to stay home and be with her. It has made a difference in ALL of our lives. But I am a people person, and as much as I love and cherish my daughter, there are times I feel more like I am in prison here with her. Add to that the "Mommy Brain Funk" that every Mom goes through, and there are days that are quite gray here in our little apartment. Well Saturday Michael left at 510am for Chick-fil-A and would not get back till 2pm. I went to JJ Heller's Blog (lovely little things, check her out! She is Crazy talented and her music is great!) and saw a dress she made out of a T-shirt. http://thelovelylittlethings.blogspot.com/2009/08/favorite-so-far.html I became inspired. I decided that I wanted to make MaryGrace a dress. So when Michael got home we went through our old t-shirts and this is what I came up with...
Obviously, she like her new dress too!

I spent most of Sunday creating it in-between meals, naps, and play time. Some of my favorite parts are:

~ the Gallup Bulkhead and Dock, Michael's Dad and Brother's business in Pawley's island
~ the sleeve tips



and the rose on the skirt ( which my camera won't let me get a good picture of.)

As I dig through old t-shirts I am excited about the possibilities that are opening up. A chance to use my creativeness and work with my hands, which is very stress relieving. I now have a little bounce in my step. Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I love it Michala; what possibilities; keep it up you creative darling..

    ReplyDelete